Governor Kate Brown has announced the appointment of State Representative Greg Smith (R-Heppner) to the Small Business Advisory Cabinet. The Cabinet is charged with developing recommendations on how state government can support small business owners and emerging entrepreneurs and advance statewide economic growth. Representative Greg Smith is one of nine individuals appointed to the Cabinet and the only member from Eastern Oregon.
“Over the last two decades I have witnessed first-hand Governor Brown’s commitment to small business, in both word and deed,” said Smith. “I am honored to be a voice for Eastern Oregon small business owners and I look forward to working with cabinet members and the Governor.”
Professionally, Smith has over 20 years of small business development experience, serving hundreds of business owners each year. Smith also has an extensive background in both commercial and industrial business financing.
The Small Business Advisory Cabinet will deliver recommendations on three priorities by October 1, 2016: (1) How state government can further the support and promotion of small business owners and prospective entrepreneurs. (2) How state government can increase access to capital. (3) How state government can streamline regulations to help small business owners and prospective entrepreneurs navigate the myriad of laws and policies of state government.
Representative Greg Smith currently serves as:
▪ Joint Ways and Means Committee, Co Vice-Chair
▪ Joint Ways and Means Subcommittee on General Government, Co-Chair
▪ Joint Ways and Means Subcommittee on Capital Construction
▪ Legislative Administration Committee
▪ House Republican Caucus Budget Chair
“I look forward to learning more from business owners about how state government can support small businesses and entrepreneurs,” said Governor Brown. “The diversity of perspectives represented on the cabinet will assist and inform my efforts to make sure government adds value to Oregon’s economic enterprise.”
Members of the Advisory Cabinet
• Jamie Danek – Humm Kombucha (Bend)
• Mitch Daughtery – Built Oregon (Portland)
• Celeste Edman – CEO Lunar Logic (Eugene)
• Representative David Gomberg – (Otis)
• Kanth Gopalpur – Business Oregon incoming Commission Chair (Portland)
• Stephen Green – Elevate Capital and Albina Community Bank (Portland)
• Rosa Martinez – Owner, PMG Abatement and Demolition (Portland)
• Stuart Phillips – Red Wagon Creamery (Eugene)
• Representative Greg Smith – (Heppner)